Last week a great friend of mine was able to come and stay with my family while he poured his heart out for us on the topic of discipleship. If you were able to come and be a part of our Bible conference then I trust that you were encouraged and challenged by Josh Wagner’s handling of the Scriptures. If you missed the conference I strongly recommend you listen to the audio that has been posted here.
Also, you might be interested in the list of books that were mentioned during the talks, here they are:
- The Trellis and The Vine by Collin Marshall and Tony Payne
- Listen Up! by Christopher Ash is a practical guide for listening to sermons
- Operation Multiplication by Billy Hanks Jr. A Call to Joy/A Call to Growth Discipler’s pack is a helpful guide to one on one discipleship but the first two chapters on salvation come from a strong Arminian perspective.
- Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Don Whitney is a great place to start if you don’t know where to start.
- Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem
- The Christian Counseling and Education Foundation you can find many wonderful resources in their bookstore to help in one on one discipleship.
- Church in the House by Matthew Henry is a must read help for family worship.
- The Peacemaker by Ken Sande